In this AccessAlly review, I share with you why you need to consider AccessAlly for your membership site.
- A Detailed set of features that I think are important for membership sites
- Screenshots from my membership as well as clients when permitted (because images speak a thousand words)
- A video demo of AccessAlly that highlights some of my fave features
- A link to opt-in to the demo so you can experience it from the inside
And if you still have questions, you can leave a comment below and we’ll be happy to help!
So let’s get started!
WHAT I’LL BE COVERING
If you know me I’m a straight shooter, so full disclosure: I got invited by the AccessAlly team to be one of the first certified partners and affiliates when AccessAlly first came out in 2015.
I have built over 100 sites using it including my own membership site (which I will share with you in a minute).
So you can say that I know a thing or 2 about this plugin :). That also means that as an affiliate I do get a compensation if you buy using one of my links with no additional cost to you.
In this AccessAlly Review I am going to cover:
- What I was looking for in terms of functionalities and features
- How I found out about AccessAlly
- What AccessAlly is and is not
- What I love about AccessAlly
- AccessAlly’s drawbacks (no tool is perfect but this one is getting pretty darn close 😉 ).
WHO THIS REVIEW IS FOR
This AccessAlly is for you if:
- You’re thinking of building an online course or membership site and you’re looking for a solid robust tool
- You have any existing membership site or online course and you’re looking to take it to the next level with a more professional look and better experience for your members
- You have a membership site but it’s clunky it’s not automated just not performing to your or your members standards
- Or maybe you just love to be resourceful to your clients and/or peers so when a good tool shows up you want to find out more about it so you can share it 🙂
WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME AS A REVIEWER
I have built over 100 AccessAlly sites and used a dozen of membership plugins since I started building websites in 1998, so I know what to look for in a plugin and I have experience to compare it to other tools.
I have helped entrepreneurs just getting started and more established clients who are doing 7 figures with their membership sites.
After years of using a variety of tools for my clients and myself (I have used 2 other membership plugins before settling with AccessAlly for mine), I have come to the conclusion that AccessAlly is the right solution for me and a lot of people, and hopefully it is for you as well 🙂
WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR
I was looking for a platform that would be able to grow as my business grows. I wanted my membership to be more than just an online course or a membership subscription. I wanted it to become the online Portal for all my offers so that my clients could see everything that I have to offer and the various ways that I can support them.
Things that were important to me:
- A highly customisable look
- The ability to drip content based on completion of a task or based on time
- An integration with a payment system (I didn’t want to integrate with out outside shopping cart and the AccessAlly order forms rock, seriously…)
- Support for Gamification: assessments, quizzes and progress tracking are key elements you need IMO to keep members engaged. Again, i didn’t want to have to install and extra plugin for it if I could avoid it
- Being able to communicate with my members by email based on their behavior in the membership (if they complete a module, finish a quiz,…) to unlock content, congratulate them, in an automated way
HOW I FOUND ACCESSALLY AND WHAT IT IS
I first found out about AccessAlly as a user. I was part of Nathalie Lussier’s mastermind group and I had bought a few courses from her. The platform she was delivering on was using AccessAlly (which wasn’t called that at the time and was just for internal use). They started to get questions about it because it was so great and different than anything out there and that gave them the idea to turn it into a product, and I am so glad they did!
When it launched Nathalie asked me if I’d like to become one of the certified partners for it and I didn’t think twice. I knew the quality of the platform from a user point of view and I knew the level of customer support that she and her team was delivering.
I couldn’t wait to get in as a partner!
That’s how AccessAlly became my #1 recommended membership plugin.
What is AccessAlly?
AccessAlly is a WordPress solution designed to help you sell, teach, and engage with your audience.
It starts with high-conversion order forms, a built-in Learning Management System with progress tracking and assessments, member directories, and gamification — that deeply integrate with your email system.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT ACCESSALLY
I can’t possibly list everything that I like about it but let me give you the highlights:
- Ability to integrate free content (freebie, challenges, free videos series, free mini courses) to get members 1 foot inside the platform and offer teasers on your paid offerings
- Host your paid offers : online courses, recurring subscription, coaching program, VIP day offers, retreats and have it integrated seamlessly in a non-overwhelming way
- Progress tracking: the ability for members to track their progress but also for you to know who does what (and call out the people who haven’t logged in a while 🙂 )
- Assessments to help your members assess where they are and provide them with relevant content based on that (bye bye content overwhelm)
- Love love love the order forms and the abandon cart feature (no more leaving money on the table! ) with support for coupons, free and paid trials, upsells, downsells,..
- 2 way synchronisation between AccessAlly and your Email System: so you know inside your email system what people do inside AccessAlly. You can drip content either from AccessAlly or from your email system (like unlocking modules or surprise bonuses!)
- User directory so your members can get to know each other
- Team feature so you can sell licenses in bulk (includes a really cool license manager)
- Brand New: Setup your own affiliate program!: register affiliates that can earn commissions when they share your amazing programs and services
- SUPPORT: Probably the most important feature of all, because without proper support you won’t get anywhere. I have yet to see another product/service offering that level of support to their clients.
Because a video speaks a 1000 words here is a video tour of AccessAlly and my top 5 favorite things about it!
My name is Natalie from you.
And this is my Access Ally membership Plug in Review.
I've worked with quite a few membership plug ins in the last five years, and what I'm going to share with you is my honest review based on the over 50 accessorized sites that I have built for myself and my clients.
So I guess you can say that I know a thing or two about the platform and how it matches up against other membership plug in.
So let's get started.
Access and I can do a lot of things, But here,
I'm going to share with you the five strongest points of Access Ally.
In my opinion, Number one apps selling and cross selling dashboards I love how Access Ally allows you to incorporate any type of content that you want to share online can be free content paid content.
It can be a full blown signature course.
It can be just a PdF of free mini course.
You can also have a coaching area for one on one coaching or group coaching, and you can even have a full membership regulating payment system with different stages or different levels.
So This is what's going to allow you to give exposure toe everything that you have to offer and allow you to Upsell and cross sell your different products and services.
Number two Built in Access Ally Order Forms When the Ambition Ally team decided to add access, ally all the phones to access that I was swilled because it made the process from Self's page to purchase into access to the membership so easy for our members.
this is a two step process.
You enter your name, your name and then your email address, and then you click next, and I know not second step.
You enter your billing information and you click on pay.
What's really cool is that if they don't fill out this form because they entered their email in the first step, you are going to be able to send them an automated email to follow up on why they didn't complete the purchase.
And if there is anything you can do to help.
Another thing that I love about this order forms is that as soon as people pay, they have instant access to what they have purchased.
So on the thank you page there will be a button and when they click that button, they get instant access to the content.
They don't have to wait for the email with the log in password.
And to me, that is exactly the kind of experience that I want my member to have.
Number three Gamification.
I could do a whole video on Gamification and probably more than one video,
So I'm going to try to keep it short and go to the essential points.
But there is so many things that access that I can do in this area.
The first one is the progress tracking and especially when you're doing a signature program or you feel that people need to see the progress need to see percentage completion that is not only good for them.
Thio let them know where they are in the process if they haven't finished the course where they've left off,
but also to encourage them to complete and, you know, get to the end of the course.
Uh, so you can display progress tracking as a percentage here.
I have it on the pied shot on the dashboard has the, you know,
as an overhaul percent age.
But when you click on a course, you can also displayed on every single lesson page so that they can see you know where they are.
And they can keep track of their progress as they progress through the lessons.
So you can see here the progress tracking that's being displayed.
And then as I go through the modules, you can see that progress trucking as well.
I also love the objective lease, which is basically attack a task list that people can check off,
uh, to indicate that they've completed something.
And then you can unlock content free bonuses, surprised bonuses or just unlock the next modular next lesson.
If you really want people to go through the content in a certain order,
as you can see here when I clicked, it automatically updated the progress tracking, uh, access all of your Lowe's.
You'll in the Gamification Thio share pages on Facebook on Twitter on Pinterest, and you can actually share the link that you want to share the image to use.
So it's very powerful because when you're in a course, of course you don't want to share the course page, but you might want to share the opt in page that is going to lead to the coast speech eventually.
I also absolutely love the private notes,
and this is a special feature of Access Ally through Progress Ally tracking, which basically, where is where People can take private notes that only they can see.
So every student can take notes below each video,
and you can keep track of their own work, set goals and just save it and come back to it at any time.
I also love that access that I pro has the quiz feature because it's a great way to find out more about your members so that you can provide better content for them.
for example, you can use a quiz as an assessment to determine what kind of level they are in so that you can provide them with the next best piece of content based on where they are.
for example, here at the beginning of discourse, if I have this little assessment that is going to ask them their technical knowledge, and if I say I'm a newbie and I submit my question, it's automatically going to tell me,
okay? Based on your answers, you are a beginner.
These are resource is that might be helpful to you.
So you can totally use disgrace as pre homework for a big cools, for example,
to make sure that people are ready for the actual content.
Or you can use it when you're doing like a recurring membership, where you don't wanna overwhelm people with too much content.
So you want to provide them with the content that they need,
based on the problem they're trying to solve or the level that they are currently at.
You can also use this assessment at the end of modules at the end of courses.
Um Thio either unlock content to generate certificates of completion so this can totally be used a certification programs where you can have beautiful pdf's that are automatically filled out with the name of the user.
The day the name of the course, etcetera and they began downloaded as a PdF.
Number 44 crm integration or, I should say, full email system integration Access Ally is Theo Onley membership plug in that I know half that integrates a za to Western colonization with the email system.
So you will see here and we are in the back end of WordPress here,
and you can see the integration of Access Ally with your email system so you'll see that it currently supports infusion soft on TRA protective campaign converted and drip.
The reason it only supposed to only this five is because it's it's a deep integration and those system or tag based.
So basically, people have tags and then content as tags, and this is how you detail mind who has access to watch? Basically, in a nutshell.
I love how this synchronization is two ways so you can create users either from within access Ally with the other forms, or you can create user with from within your email system,
uh, by triggering.
You know the creation from your email sequence.
I like that.
The integration is such that you can actually record behaviors like when people complete a course or when people click on a button.
And that can trigger an automation in your email system that is really powerful to drip content to follow up based on completion.
Whether this is a model completion across completion or certificate completion eso that you can congratulate them, you can observe them, don't sell them.
You can ask them to fill out a survey so that you can get feedback.
There was a lot of things that you can record in Access Ally and have that information carried over to your email system thanks to the tax, so that you can then trigger automation through your email sequences and put any logic that you want there.
Last but not least outstanding support.
Getting the support that you need from people that genuinely want to help is key, especially when you're building a membership site.
And it's important that you have somebody that you can talk to you on that can answer all these questions so accessible.
I takes this one step further because they have a private Facebook group where there is activity every single day and actually myself as a certified partner and other partners out there as well to help you and support you.
So this is really the best support system that I have seen out there, and I think that's what also makes the success of Access Ally.
There are many things that I didn't cover that I really like in access alike, like the credit system where you can have people reading content with points that they can accumulate every single month so that they can purchase.
You have the members directory where you can actually have a directory of users that can help with engagement and that can help them interact with each other.
You can sell multiple licenses through the Access Ally team feature.
Um, there was also the auto logging links where in your emails you can actually pass the log in and password so that they don't even have to log in it auto locks them in and redirects them to the page that you wanted to send them.
All these makes assess Ally really a membership site plugging that you want to consider when building your next membership.
There are a few things that I’d like to see in AccessAlly. As a developer myself I can appreciate that they take the time to do things right and not rush into things, that’s how you create high quality products!
I really don’t have anything major because it just plain works but I do have a wishlist!
On my bucket list:
- I’d love to see an integration with a community/forum solution other than BBPress, I mean it works but I also know that people are asking me for something up to par with AccessAlly where people can see people’s badges of accomplishment they can hop on chat with each other. This is one of the features that I am asked a lot and I still don’t have a great solution for it.
- More customization of the look of the order form : internationalisation and more flexibility in the design
- Styling : I love that they provide different color palettes but honestly, I haven’t had a single client use them, I use the Custom option most of the time so being able to enter 2 colors as my 2 primary brand colors and that they be used through the site as a starting point would we awesome
- Easier customisation of objectives list :just picking a color would be awesome !
- User directory: more options when setup the profiles in the user directory, we currently have to go into developer mode to get this customised fully sometimes, maybe even a User Directory Wizard? (there I said it 😉 )
: Update: this is a feature for the next release in June 2019! I have testing the Beta and it looks awesome!
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A MEMBERSHIP PLUGIN, HERE IS WHY YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT ACCESSALLY
- You want a reliable and robust solution that’s capable of showcasing all your offers and services in 1 central portal so that you can tease, up-sell and down-sell
- You see your membership as a strong asset for your business and you’re ready to invest to make it the best it can be
- Providing a great member experience and helping your members consume your content and get results is a priority for you
- You’re a listener and you want to know who does what in your membership site so that you can build more content and offers based on what they want and need (and honestly that’s how the best products and service come to life!)
- Your goal with this membership is to make a bigger impact and reach a wider audience so you want a platform that scales
- You want total control on the look of your membership (that’s why WordPress is awesome!) : I love to use Divi as the theme, the best theme out there for membership IMO, so flexible (when you know what you’re doing 🙂 ), you can check out my portfolio for tons of memberships built with AccessAlly + Divi
In fact we love it so much that we have built in custom AcccessAlly features only available to our clients: facebook opt-in, facebook login, refresh of progress tracking, Button “Resume where you left off”, all from listening to what our clients ask 🙂
So there you have it : my complete unbiased AccessAlly Review, the best membership site plugin out there IMO. You can click here to find out more and I do recommend you go with AccessAlly PRO that includes the gamification!